Tuesday 8 March 2011

Chicken Caesar Salad


Cobus loves Caesar salad and I make this quite often. I am including the recipe for the salad dressing, but to my shame I have to admit that, being the sloth I am, I use Ina Paarman's Caesar salad dressing.

Ingredients:

4 skinless chicken breasts - cooked ( I fry mine in a little oil with a bit of salt and paprika)
1 packet lettuce - torn ( again, use what you like or what you have handy)
250g cooked crispy bacon
1 cup croutons. (don't have these? cut up slices of white bread into blocks and fry for a few seconds in hot oil)
1 Avocado sliced into squares
Parmesan shavings

Ok.... now for the salad dressing.  I know that it's supposed to have coddled egg yolk (yeah, you read right and life's too short to coddle an egg yolk) etc etc, but I found this recipe for Caesar dressing ages ago and it's really lekker (yummy).


Ingredients:

2 Tbsp mayonnaise (lite works just as well)
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 clove of mined or finely grated Garlic
2 Tbsp Fresh grated parmesan chees
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
11/2 Tbsp anchovy paste (fish paste)
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil


Method:

Whisk together everything except the olive oil. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil whilst whisking.


Assembling the Salad:

Put some of the dressing in the bottom of a salad bowl (as much or as little as you like). Coat all the ingredients. Serve with Parmesan shavings and extra dressing.

4 comments:

  1. thanks Rita, I love salad for they are so healthy and the dressing, I am dropping dead now looking at the salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita - mouthwatering salad just by the sound of it... To try all of your fantastic recipes - I am going to have to make a calendar of recipes for the week. Thanks for the wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wοah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this site. It's simple, yеt effectiѵe.
    A lot οf tіmеs іt's tough to get that "perfect balance" between usability and appearance. I must say you've done a
    amazing job ωith thіѕ. Alѕo, the blog loads еxtгemely quick foг me on Оperа.
    Exceρtional Blog!

    My web pаge spa and massage
    My homepage ; siam massage

    ReplyDelete